The government council held a meeting on Thursday, 16 Joumada I 1445, corresponding to November 30, 2023, under the presidency of Mr. Aziz Akhannouch, the Head of the Government. The meeting was dedicated to the discussion of several legal texts and proposals for high-level appointments, in accordance with Article 92 of the Constitution.
Press Release (Arabic Version)
At the beginning of the session, the Head of the Government expressed satisfaction for the collective success of the government and the parliament in completing all stages of approval for the law on the direct social assistance system, as well as the law establishing the National Social Assistance Agency.
In this regard, he commended the positive interaction of the Parliament, both from the majority and the opposition, emphasizing the government's efforts for the swift adoption of these laws and the timely preparation of regulatory and implementing decrees, respecting the agenda set by His Majesty the King.
The Head of the Government recalled that less than two months after the royal speech calling for the expansion of the social assistance program, the government is finalizing the legal framework related to the direct social assistance program and the creation of the National Social Assistance Agency. This involves the discussion of decrees related to the application of the law on the direct social assistance system, the determination of eligibility thresholds, and the application of the law on the creation of the National Social Assistance Agency, aiming to implement the Royal Vision for the social state project.
Simultaneously, the Head of the Government highlighted the government's efforts to establish the practical and budgetary framework of this program, aligned with the government's agenda. He affirmed that the relevant government departments are working on implementing the necessary measures to ensure the success of this historic project and the disbursement of direct financial assistance to eligible citizens by the end of the year, in accordance with the royal agenda.
The Head of the Government announced that starting from December 2, eligible individuals desiring to benefit from direct social assistance can register on a digital platform to receive the assistance amount by the end of December.
Finally, the Head of the Government called on various government departments to maintain the same pace of work and coordinate their efforts to ensure the correct implementation of this historic royal project, strengthening the framework of progress in Morocco, as envisioned by His Majesty King Mohammed VI.
Subsequently, the government council approved three draft decrees related to the direct social assistance program, presented by Fouzi Lekjaa, delegate minister to the Minister of Economy and Finance in charge of the budget. These are:
- The first: decree No. 1067.23.2 concerns the implementation of Law No. 23.58 on the direct social assistance system.
- The second: decree No. 1068.23.2 sets the threshold for benefiting from the direct social assistance system.
- The third: decree No. 1069.23.2 relates to the creation of the National Social Assistance Agency, taking into account the raised observations.
- The government council also approved the draft decree No. 2.23.1041 setting the conditions and modalities for granting public aid to the sectors of the press, publishing, printing, and distribution, presented by the Minister of Youth, Culture, and Communication, Mohamed Mehdi Bensaid, considering the issued observations.
The government council approved proposals for appointments to senior positions, in accordance with Article 92 of the Constitution. The following appointments were made:
- At the Ministry of Justice:
- Rima Lablaili, Director of Cooperation and Communication.
- At the Ministry of Higher Education, Scientific Research, and Innovation:
- Abdelaziz Soukri, Dean of the Faculty of Sciences Aïn Chock in Casablanca.