In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful, and prayers and peace be upon the Messenger of Allah and his family and companions
Your Excellency the President of the United States of America.
Your Excellency the Head of State of Senegal, President of the African Union.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Heads of States and Governments.
Your Excellency the Chairperson of the African Union Commission.
Ladies and gentlemen,
1. Allow me at the outset to thank the United States of America and His Excellency the President, Mr. Joe Biden, for their warm welcome and hospitality, and for the outstanding organization of this summit.
2. I also seize this opportunity to extend sincere thanks and gratitude to our American friends and the leaders of brotherly and friendly African countries for their support and encouragement to our national football team.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
3. Africa has recognized the importance of effective integration into the global economy. That is why in 2013 African leaders established the so-called Agenda 2063, which allows Africa to project itself in an integrated and sustainable way.
4. This strategy rises to the challenges facing the continent. On top of these are the economic challenges, given that the world has witnessed in the past years the spread of the Corona pandemic, which has had negative repercussions on various global economies, especially African, exacerbated by the war in Europe.
5. But there are positive things to remember: by 2050, more than half of the continent's population will be under 25. Africa is a reservoir of young people who are its source of strength.
6. In addition, Agenda 2063 places the human element at the heart of its priorities, by ensuring the dignity of all citizens. This is the essence of the Kingdom of Morocco's roadmap, in implementation of the High Directives of His Majesty the King, aimed at strengthening the pillars of the "social state".
Ladies and Gentlemen,
7. Our country has given impetus to economic development through the completion of major infrastructure projects, such as the Tanger Med port, the construction of 1,800 kilometers of highways, as well as the construction of a high-speed train line linking two major economic poles: Tangier and Casablanca.
8. To enhance this development dynamic, Morocco has adopted a new investment charter, which will enhance the competitiveness and attractiveness of the Kingdom in several areas . . . This will allow the emergence of a new generation of economic operators and domestic and foreign investors.
9. Under the leadership of His Majesty King Mohammed VI, may God assist Him, Morocco is entering an unprecedented phase in its economic and social development to consolidate the foundations of the social state, through major workshops concerned in particular with the universalization of social protection for all citizens, in addition to undertaking important reforms in the health and education sectors.
10. In this context, the royal workshop on the universalization of social protection, within one year, has enabled the opening of compulsory sickness insurance for all Moroccan families. It also allows for the universalization of family allowances, the expansion of pension beneficiaries, and compensation for loss of employment.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
11. Morocco is firmly convinced that economic development must depend on respect for the environment. Under the enlightened vision of His Majesty King Mohammed VI, Morocco has positioned itself as a leader in the field of green energies for more than 15 years.
12. Today, our country has been able to provide 37% of its green energy needs, and we aim to reach 52% by 2030, and we seek to promote this ambition, by opening up to other sources of new green energies, such as green hydrogen.
13. These achievements of the Kingdom of Morocco are achievements of the entire African continent... That is why we put all our experiences in favor of strengthening the economic and trade partnership between our continent and the United States of America.
14. In conclusion, I reiterate that the United States of America is a privileged partner for Africa. In this context, the Kingdom of Morocco has placed trilateral cooperation at the heart of joint action with America and Africa, based on the firm conviction of His Majesty King Mohammed VI, May God Assist Him, that the bonds of trust and cooperation must be invested in strengthening a comprehensive and integrated partnership, which will reflect positively on our economies and peoples.